My 2 sons (17/19), of course, have TikTok accounts.
The other day I asked my 17yo to help me find something on the TikTok app settings that I was looking for……We sat next to each other on the sofa, experiencing bonding time together!
However, after about 4 minutes of comparing the app on his phone and the app on my phone, I realized why he wasn’t able to help me find what I was looking for….His app interface was NOT the same as mine.
My son uses the ‘Personal Account’ & I use the ‘Pro Account’ (business account)….Our ‘bonding time’ came to a quick end!
TikTok has 2 levels of account types: Personal & Pro.
- No analytics or insights & there is more access to music (b/c of copyright laws).
- No advanced functionality.
- Pro account includes either a Business account or a Creator account
- The Pro Level of TikTok gives access to analytics and insights. Ex. video view metrics, follower count, profile views, etc. – Some really useful data!
Within the Pro Level there are 2 Types: Business & Creator
Pro Business Account:
- TikTok for business offers exclusive access to specialized resources that help businesses and brands up their strong content strategies.
- Business accounts help connect with customers more efficiently and quickly than personal accounts.
- This account focuses on advertising the company/brand image to help more people know about the company’s products or services
Pro Creator Account:
- TikTok for creators allows users to have more creative space.
- It has fewer options for advertising and marketing but still has all analytics and insights you might need.
- One of the best features of a creator account is the creator fund and the question-and-answer upgrade, allowing for more personal interaction with followers